Saturday, May 15, 2010

Once Upon a Time...

...in a land far, far, far, away, there lived a little boy who thought that he could do anything. It did not matter that he was sickly or that he could not do what all of the other children could do. He knew that he was here for a special purpose. It was a purpose that even he did not understand. And that, my friends, is where his problems began.

He did not understand.

That little boy was me and I owe an apology to any of you who were reading this blog and to God for not being obedient, because I did not understand. This is where you are going to have to stay with me. Years ago, when I started writing this blog, it was because I believe the Holy Spirit showed me that my blessing was going to come through this blog. I was faithful with this for a while. But, like we all do, I did not see the blessing happening and lost my faith and my focus. I was not consistent with my entries, because I was seeking God's Hand and not the Face of God. Matthew 6:33 tells me that if I make the Kingdom of God my primary focus, God will GIVE me all that I need from day to day.

Isaiah 55:8 states very clearly that God has an intellect and understanding that far exceeds my capability and therefore, far exceeds my ability to comprehend. Further, I Corinthians 2:11,12 tells me that I cannot know what God is thinking, unless His Spirit reveals it to me. In order for that to happen, I have to be in right relationship with Him.

And I have not done that. I confess this to God and to you and I ask for your forgiveness. I, also, am asking for your support. I ask for your participation and comments on topics that are on your heart for discussion and I ask for your friendship to hold me accountable to being faithful with my postings here. He has shown me why I need to share my heart here and I was overwhelmed by my failure. My call is to reach the spiritually dormant and dead. I am not here to beat you up for not spending time with our Father. I am here to encourage you that no matter where you are or however bad you think that you have screwed it up, He has His arms wide open, just waiting for you to come back, Prodigal Sons and Daughters!

You see, my God is the God of Do-Overs. He is the God of the Second, Third, (Four Hundred and Fifty Seven MILLIONTH) Chances. And He has an awful memory! Better yet, we are made in His image. So, forgiveness is not what we do. It is who we are. Matthew 6:14, 15 makes that overwhelmingly clear, brothers and sisters.

So, stop by and say hello sometimes. But, hold me accountable to that which God has called me to. Otherwise, like He did with Saul, He will find somebody else to bless.

Think about that for a minute. I will explain that first paragraph to you better in my next posting. See you on Facebook!

No comments: